[YLUG] java.io.IOException

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 1 15:20:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Jess Wardman wrote:

> I take it this is to do with your previous thread?
>
> If I recall correctly, this is more a University of York issue than a
> general Linux one. I suggest asking the help desk there.

What I am trying to connect on my own machine on the campus through
vpn.
I can log on Unix0 but not on my own one (I got the message that I sent)
So I tried to activate openvpn, but it looks like that the service
is not started (I did a service openvpn start, and it seems OK).

> Jess
>
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Patrick Dupre <pd520 at york.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I get a:
>>  Sorry, Could not connect: java.io.IOException: Unable to open connectio
>>         You are either behind a firewall or the Java Telnet Applet has a
>> broken configuration
>>
>> When I tried to open a vpn ssh connection.
>> I started the openvpn,
>> In the firewall I authorize the openVPN and IPsec.
>> What esle should I do ?
>> I found the information:
>> We needed to recreate our Telnet/SSH Resource Policy statements.
>>
>> How can I do it ?
>>
>> Thank.
>>
>> --
>> ---

---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  Department of Chemistry            |   |    Phone: (44)-(0)-1904-434384
  The University of York             |   |    Fax:   (44)-(0)-1904-432516
  Heslington                         |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk