[YLUG] ssh to York

Harry Mills harry at haeg.in
Wed Jul 1 15:49:09 UTC 2009

If you find an ssh tunnel that has apparently frozen you can drop it (and
regain the terminal) by entering "~." on a new line in the ssh session. This
sends a control signal to the ssh client basically saying 'bugger off, I
want my terminal back, don't try to finish up nicely.' This is normally
accomplished by pressing enter before typing the "~." to ensure you have a
blank line. Of course nothing will be echoed to the screen, you just have to
retype it if nothing happens until you are sure you typed it right.

Regards,
Harry Mills
http://haeg.in