[YLUG] York VPN instructions v2 [was: Re: java.io.IOException]

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 07:43:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Patrick Dupre<pd520 at york.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to make a vpn connection from fedora 10, I get the message:
> "Enter passwrod for default keyring to unlock"
>
> I tried the root and my user passwrd but any works. Hwo can I solve
> this issue ?

If you allow the keyring to store your passwords for you in Gnome by
giving a password then next time you should not need to enter it as it
will be automatically retrieved. Same applies to password for things
like the ssh-agent.  Some like doing this and others do not.

If you keep getting requests for the default keyring password then
something would seem to have gotten misconfigured and you will then
need to research into fixing the keyring.

--
mike