[YLUG] Help

Liam Wilson liam.wilson at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 16:03:25 UTC 2009

Hi Dominic

--- On Fri, 10/7/09, Dominic Hibbs <dominic.hibbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running OO.o version 2.4 under Ubuntu Hardy Heron and
> wish to get up to date in OO.o version 3.?.

I've not personally upgraded to 3.x, but as far as I can see I think
your options are:

* upgrade to Jaunty.

or:

* Grab the Linux tarball from openoffice.org and follow the instructions
on:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation/How_do_I_install_OpenOffice.org_on_Linux%3F

Note normally you can't do su to become root on ubuntu. Either do
sudo ./setup or (if you really need a root shell) sudo -s.

Liam

PS did you actually post this on the 10th? I seemed to have got your
email on the 16th. Maybe you've got the date set wrong on your PC?