[YLUG] remote X desktops

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Mon Jul 27 13:35:14 UTC 2009

I can't think why this didn't occur to me before. When Paul was asking
about how to run X programs remotely in the same way screen does for
terminal sessions, the correct answer is NX.

FreeNX is part of Fedora. Run up the server on your box, put the
client on your home machine, access over ssh (via the VPN). Job done.

Arthur

--
I also just think photography was much more interesting 50 plus years
ago, and now there is just this overabundance of photography. It’s