[YLUG] [OT] York Hack Space Start Up

Tom Wardill tom at howrandom.net
Tue Jun 16 11:55:47 UTC 2009

My apologies for the spamming of this, but I thought the membership of
the list may find it interesting. I'm trying to get this off the ground,
but not having much success with membership as yet. If you're at all
interested, get in touch.

Hackspaces are being created all over the UK, anywhere there is an
interest in modifying, creating and making. This project aims to create
such a space in York, a space where people can go to create new ideas,
develop existing ones and to meet like minded people to hack stuff with.

See www.hackspace.org.uk for a list of the projects in the UK, and for a
full explanation of what we're about.

Join us in #york-hack-space on irc.freenode.net for live discussion,
join the mailing list at
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/york-hack-space to talk about where to
meet, ideas, projects and where to go from here, with the aim of
founding a permanent space in York.

This is the first email, stuff is still in the progress of being
created. Join the mailing list to keep up to date.

--
Tom Wardill