[YLUG] File size visualisation

Martin Rowe dbg400.net at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:49:45 UTC 2009

2009/6/24 Zoe Stephenson <zrs1 at york.ac.uk>

> Hi,
>  At the social we discussed, among many things, file size visualisation.
> Well, "discussed" might be a little strong.  "Mentioned" is perhaps more
> accurate.  I mentioned that I'd used gdmap to find some troublingly large
> files, and we also recalled that Konqueror has a way of presenting a
> similar view.  I'm wondering if there are other similar utilities, and
> which one is the best to use - thoughts?  Experiences?

I tend to use a mix of find, Baobab Disk Usage Analyser (Gnome) &
KDirStat (KDE). I prefer Baobab's treemap to KDirStat's but KDirStat
seems to work better over an NFS share on our i5 server.

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net  http://www.dbg400.net
AS/400 | iSeries | System i Open Source/Free Software