[YLUG] Installing Ubuntu without CD or USB

David Ross arragon at lineone.net
Fri Mar 6 19:05:19 UTC 2009

Okay this is an odd one.  I have a hobbled machine.  It's a fairly recent
Sony Vaio which I'd like to reuse.  Even though it's recent it won't book
via USB.  And the real issue is that the CD driver has failed, and I'm not
likely to dork out for another.  So I have no USB, and a non-working
internal CD drive.

It has Windows XP and so I could use that to execute something, and I have a
LAN connection.

So the question is, what's the easiest route to getting this running
something useful?

David