[YLUG] Ubuntu 9.04

Anthony Edwards anthony at yoyo.org
Fri May 22 08:42:17 UTC 2009

Has anyone else tried this?  My experience this week is that it is
astoundingly, astonishingly good.  I installed it on a Dell Inspiron
6400 laptop bought new in 2007 and not only was the installation quick,
easy and absolutely faultless, pretty much everything "just worked"
and, in particular, Gnome Network Manager is now (from my perspective
at least) perfect.

I normally stick to the Ubuntu LTS releases but can thoroughly
recommend 9.04 on laptops (I'm still running 8.04.2 on my main
work/home desktop machine).

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony at yoyo.org