[YLUG] still got problems copying files to NAS

nigel white xm2 at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 8 18:02:53 UTC 2009

Hi

Many thanks for your time and efforts at the installfest yesterday.
Sorry I couldn't make it to the second day.

Sadly I still have trouble copying files to my NAS.

When I use the gui file browser I can see smb://qserver/q/test_area
which is the correct destination. When I try to copy a file there
from /home/nigel/Desktop I get an error "Error while copying
test_document.doc" details = "no such file or directory". The file does
actually arrive at the destination but its garbled.

When I do cp test_document /mnt/test_area in a terminal I get "cp:
cannot stat `test_document': No such file or directory"

Both of these happen even after I've just done a reboot onto the network
while its active.

Any ideas what to do next?

Thanks for the cake and your hospitality towards the linuxly-challenged.

Best wishes
Nigel