[YLUG] still got problem with rsync to NAS

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.me.uk
Mon Nov 9 14:47:50 UTC 2009

I've just checked on my system, and the .dbus directory should be owned by
yourself so you should have access to back it up.  What ownership &
permissions does the directory currently have?

You also probably won't be able to backup /etc quite like that, as it
usually contains some files which only root can access. Change the line to

sudo $RSYNC /etc /mnt/x-backups/autobackup

and you should e able to copy /etc OK.

--
Steve, who helped on saturday