[YLUG] Installfest news

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 5 11:46:19 UTC 2009

Some Installfest updates:

- some more design work has been done on a poster, it should be ready
  some time during the week.  I'm looking for volounteers to print and
  distribute to the usual places - or unusual ones if you can think of
  them!  Let me know direct by email or catch me on IRC.

- there has been suggestion of a build-from-parts-and-install during the
  day at the installfest.  We've had other stuff going on in the main
  room at installfests, which has usually gone down pretty well.  What
  sort of stuff would people like to see (and be willing to help out with)?

- I want the option of setting people up with virtualised Linux or USB-
  bootable Linux, in addition to our usual single-boot and dual-boot
  offerings.  Any advice, gotchas, other notes on such things?

- I'll have a few random devices and media with me, but it would be
  handy to get a good range of things.  I'm particularly interested in
  wireless/bluetooth keyboards and mice this time, but all offers welcome.

- all the accommodation at my place has been allocated now, but there's
  still plenty of room for the traditional Saturday takeaway night.

As soon as I get some stuff together I'll try and build a summary on
the wiki and update it as we go.

--
 -- zoe