[YLUG] Mini-ITX box up for grabs

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Sep 11 08:22:06 UTC 2009

I have a mini-ITX box thats no longer in use.

The mainboard is a VIA Eden C3 800MHz CPU, modified to use a passive
zalman heatsink rather than the original fan-driven unit.  Its got 512
MB RAM on board (from memory), with a 80GB PATA disk and a CD/DVD
drive, all in a smallish case with internal PSU.

The system was originally built in 2003 and ran until 2007/2008 (the
case/PSU was replaced during that time as the original failed).

Has run Fedora or Centos throughout this period.  I'm just currently
wiping the disk  so there will be a completely zeroed system - this
also demonstrates that it still works as of this morning.

Its fairly quiet but not silent (PSU/case has some fans).

Obviously the disk in particular should not be expected to have a long
ongoing life.

Anyone interested in taking this off my hands?

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]