[YLUG] Wireless networking of desktop PCs

Haven haven at thehavennet.org.uk
Wed Sep 30 10:11:44 UTC 2009

Personally I opted for the USB route, there's a plethora of USB ports
and very few PCi ones on all my machines.

The one I ended up using a lot was the Edimax EW-7318USG. There's
support for it in kernels after 2.6.28. The replacement antennae was
what really caught my eye as some of my machines are scattered long
range from the Access Point.

Got mine off amazon but it looks like they've moved on so maybe get a
newer model:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000NNSY7K

Obligatory silly antenna piccy below:

http://haven.thehavennet.org.uk/files/edimax-antenna.JPG