[YLUG] Fedora install DVDs - are they being used?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 19:21:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Gaffer. <derrick_s at tesco.net> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>

>> Mike
>
> It would be helpful if you re-posted the links.  :-)
>
> --
> Best Regards:
>             Derrick.

Sure - here is a copy of the post I made a week or so back....

Dear YLUG members

Some months ago up-to-date rebuilds of the F12 and F11 install isos
were placed on a server for YLUG members to download but it turned out
there was a problem preventing the files from being downloaded that
was due to a server firewall restriction. This has now been resolved,
and the DVD install isos are now available and should now download
without any problem.

The F11 install isos were last built at the end of 2009, and can be
downloaded from http://bioltfws1.york.ac.uk/ylug/F11/

The F12 install isos were rebuilt today, and the files are at
http://bioltfws1.york.ac.uk/ylug/F12/

I will periodically rebuild F12 files but since I am now concentrating
on F13 I won't be rebuilding F11 so the newest install isos for F11
will remain those from the end of December.

If you want to check the files after download verify correctly, then
please ensure you use sha256sum and not the now obsolete sha1sum to
check the hashes.
If you have all three files including the checksum then you can simply
execute (for today's F12 builds):
$ sha256sum -c Fedora-12-20100415-i386-CHECKSUM
or equivalent for the other builds.

Let me know if there is any problem downloading the files.
--
mike c