[YLUG] gnome-terminal

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Thu Apr 29 10:01:38 UTC 2010

Hello,

When I run gnome-terminal from an existing gnome-terminal, both files
.bashrc and .brash_profile are executed.
The problem is then that the environment variables are modified again
and again (VAR1=$VAR:blablabla) and it is stupid.
The option "run command as a login shell" does not seems to modify
this behavior.
IS there a way to have the .bashrc and .bash_profile (or only one of
them) runned only one time (when the gnome-session is started) and
not every time that I make a gnome-terminal command ?

Thank.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk