[YLUG] Decent domain registrars?

Harry Mills harry at haeg.in
Wed Feb 10 07:32:59 UTC 2010

On 9 February 2010 22:23, Stephen Patterson <steve at patter.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi all, I'm looking for a new registrar to move a couple of domain names
> to.
>
> Can anyone suggest a registrar that can handle .co.uk & .me.uk domains
> and which has some form of online control panel for configuring them? I
> don't
> need any managed server hosting at the same site, as I've a VPS for that.
>
> I'm currently using ukhosts but their configuration handling isa all via
> email tickets.
>
> --
> Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.me.uk :: http://patter.mine.nu/
> GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter at jabber.org
> "Don't be silly, Minnie. Who'd be walking round these cliffs with a gas
> oven?"

I use 123-reg.co.uk and they have always been fine for me in the past. The
only domain I have that they don't host is haeg.in which is Indian. I've
also used ukreg.co.uk in the past (aka fasthosts if you know them from the
hosting they do) but switched everything to 123-reg.co.uk to get it all on
one system a while back after fasthosts had a few security problems. Since
then they appear to have updated their whole site so it may be much better
or much worse than it used to be. UKreg are ever so slightly cheaper though.

--
Regards,
Harry Mills

If you don't have a good feel for the growth rate of powers of 2, then a
little old man will save your daughter, and you'll grant him anything you
want in your kingdom, and he'll say he just wants one grain of rice on the
first square of a chessboard, then 2 in the second, 4 on the third, and so
on. And then: you'll be all out of rice.