[YLUG] Setting up wireless with wpa_supplicant and eduroam

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sun Jan 17 14:43:43 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

Has anyone successfully connected to the York University "eduroam"
wireless network using wpa_supplicant?  (i.e. /not/ the excreable
NetworkManager.)  I'm just not getting a lease, so I'm presumably
missing some crucial item in wpa_supplicant.conf.  The CompServ
example assumes the use of NetworkManager, and I'm not sure
exactly how the GUI settings map onto the actual configuration
file key-value pairs.

# WPA2-EAP/CCMP using EAP-TLS

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

network={
        ssid="eduroam"
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP WPA-EAP2
        proto=WPA2
        pairwise=CCMP
        group=CCMP
        eap=TLS
        ca_cert="/etc/ssl/certs/Equifax_Secure_CA.pem"
        identity=rl522
        password=••••••••••
}

Thanks,