[YLUG] Reminder: tech session on development with git, Monday, 19:00, L/N/002 at the University

Harry Mills harry at haeg.in
Mon Jan 25 10:19:02 UTC 2010

2010/1/24 Roger Leigh <rleigh at codelibre.net>

> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:33:56PM +0000, Harry Mills wrote:
> > 2010/1/24 Zoe Stephenson <zrs1 at york.ac.uk>
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >  Reminder for the technical session on git and versioning and so on,
> > > it's at 19:00 in room L/N/002 in Langwith College at the University.
> > > Parking is available in the central car-park, I believe it's still
> > > free after 18:00.  I hope to see you there!
> >
> > Any chance this is going to be recorded? I'm interested in the subject
> > having tried to use git before but never really been happy with the
> setup,
> > unfortunately being in Bristol means I'm unable to make it.
>
> I can put the slides and examples up for download.  They could go
> on the YLUG website if there's space.

Thanks, that'd be great.

> Quite a bit will be interactive demonstration rather than slides,
> so those bits won't be in there.  There's quite a lot of material
> on the web nowadays, and I'll include some references.  Compared
> with a couple of years back, the documentation quality is much
> improved, and there are a number of decent tutorials around.
>

> Regards,
> Roger
>
> --
>  .''`.  Roger Leigh
>  : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux             http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/<http://people.debian.org/%7Erleigh/>
>  `. `'   Printing on GNU/Linux?       http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/
>   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please GPG sign your mail.

Regards,
Harry Mills
http://haeg.in

If you don't have a good feel for the growth rate of powers of 2, then a
little old man will save your daughter, and you'll grant him anything you
want in your kingdom, and he'll say he just wants one grain of rice on the
first square of a chessboard, then 2 in the second, 4 on the third, and so
on. And then: you'll be all out of rice.