[YLUG] LaTeX class/style for York thesis

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Thu Jun 3 20:45:06 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I'm about to start the process of writing up my PhD thesis, and I'll be
using LaTeX for doing this.  The University doesn't appear to have any
"official" LaTeX thesis class or style to modify an existing document
class, so I was wondering if anyone was aware of any unofficial ones
who had already been through the process?

Ideally I just think customising the "book" class should be sufficient,
setting up the margins, size and spacing and perhaps just manually
constructing the title page and abstract.

I've got a couple of examples but I'm not totally sure I'm completely
happy with either approach (both customise the "report" document
class), so I'm really just interested in what other alternative
approaches exist out there.

Regards,
Roger

--