[YLUG] Linux on a Dell Inspiron 2650

Peter Hawkins (Home) peter.hawkins at poppleton.org
Thu Mar 11 13:47:40 UTC 2010

I am looking to pay someone to install Linux on my Inspiron 2650 if
someone would like to take that on. It currently has XP Pro on it and
I'm open to suggestions as to whether XP should stay with dual boot or
should be wiped and made fully Linux.

As well as installing a linux distro, I want to also install the
following:-

Firefox , Thunderbird and a calendar add on
Anti Spam and Virus package
Star Office which I just bought with 5 licences
WinVNC for access to the Laptop from elsewhere
UltraVNC to let users give me access to their PCs
I also need to use Internet Explorer because my bank requires ActiveX
and Firefox doesn't work so I probably also need Wine installing
T-Mobile Dongle
  I currently use LogMeIn as well but I'm not sure if this will run on
Linux. Once again, may run under Wine

Contact me off list at peter.hawkins at poppleton.org with details of price
and timescale if you're interested.

--