[YLUG] Fedora f14 builds

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:20:58 UTC 2010

For anyone using my install iso builds for Fedora, I have been
building F14 from around the beta stage onwards, and have just placed
new post-release-candidate builds at
http://bioltfws1.york.ac.uk/ylug/F14/

The main repo is now frozen ahead of the official release on Tuesday,
and the updates repo is now being populated with stable updates that
will appear as zero day updates for anyone installing F14 from the
official isos, and then updating using yum or PackageKit  from 2nd
November onwards. My builds include the zero day updates at the build
date.

Hence anyone installing using my builds and then applying yum updates
will have the same version of F14 as someone installing using the
official release isos from 2nd November, and then yum updating, with
the only difference being that there will be less to update if the
install is made using my builds.

Unfortunately I can still only build 32 bit isos, so if you need 64
bit you will still need to use the official install isos, or learn how
to build these using the available toolchains.

--
mike c