[YLUG] LyTeX

Zoe Stephenson zoe at daeghnao.com
Wed Dec 14 09:22:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 03:46:48PM +0000, Harry Mills wrote:
> Knowing Zoe she may still have the slides...

I have many different sets of slides for LaTeX. However, I don't really
have anything all that introductory. The stuff I recall from many years
ago was messing about with fonts.

I'm currently pondering taking a course that I helped with in the CS
department and turning it into an 8-part introductory thing. It requires
some decent time to put into it though, and other commitments have
gotten in the way.

The main trouble with learning LaTeX these days is that it's been around
for nearly 30 years and a lot of stuff that you read about it is from
the early days; getting hold of good recent information can be tricky if
you don't already know the landscape. Something to bear in mind if
you're just starting out.

My personal recommendation is to grab a recentish copy of Kopka and
Daly's book and go through that. Meanwhile, I'll see if I can find any
time at all to do things.

--
 -- zoe