[YLUG] Future Plans

Zoe Stephenson zoe.stephenson at york.ac.uk
Sun Feb 27 13:31:07 UTC 2011

Hi gang,
  Social last week was pretty good - lots of people, lots of chat about
various technology things and so on.  I really enjoyed it, and it seemed
like everyone else did too.  We informally decided that Tuesdays were a
good idea for a social slot, so unless there are a zillion cries for
it not being so, I suggest the first and third Tuesday of the month for
the social (the second Tuesday of the month is when Agile Yorkshire meet,
and some of us here also like to go to that*).

That kind of means that we'll be meeting this coming Tuesday!  We
suggested trying out the Edinburgh Arms as a reasonably accessible
location, as an alternative to the Yorkshire Terrier.  Opinions on
this idea?  If there are no major objections, we should consider that
confirmed for the time being.

Other news: I'm leaving the university at the end of March to work for
a local company doing software development and on-site customer support
and such.  Since I've also been meaning to for a while, this seems like
the right time to announce that I'll be stepping down as LUGMaster for
YLUG.  I've had an incredibly long term of office and we've done many
awesome things, most of which I couldn't have done without much support
from many people, but especially Liam in helping out with some of the
socials and the comprec people for helping out with Installfests.  But
now it's time for me to focus on other things.  I urge anyone even
remotely interested in helping to run YLUG in future to make themselves
known, maybe get in touch with me, and we'll see what the future might
look like.

That's all for now - I imagine some talk scheduling and website updates
and so on will come before long.  Cheers,

--
 -- zoe

* Shameless plug: I'm schedules to speak at Agile Yorkshire in April, on
practical uses of modern static analysis tools.  12th April, 19:00, Old
Broadcasting House in Leeds.  Let me know if you're interested, we might
be able to arrange some transport.