[YLUG] Future Plans

Tom Hayward nessieliberation at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:15:48 UTC 2011

On 27 February 2011 13:25, Zoe Stephenson <zoe.stephenson at york.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi gang,
>  Social last week was pretty good - lots of people, lots of chat about
> various technology things and so on.  I really enjoyed it, and it seemed
> like everyone else did too.  We informally decided that Tuesdays were a
> good idea for a social slot, so unless there are a zillion cries for
> it not being so, I suggest the first and third Tuesday of the month for
> the social (the second Tuesday of the month is when Agile Yorkshire meet,
> and some of us here also like to go to that*).

I'm going to see if there's any support for cries? Tuesday is probably
the only day I can't do. Odd weekdays are better for me than evens
(which I know clashes with at least Harry), but Tuesady is my worst
even day.

All on one day of the week improves memorability, but might reduce
free cross-section.
However, if every else is free Tuesdays only... fair enough.

<snip>

> the right time to announce that I'll be stepping down as LUGMaster for
> YLUG.  I've had an incredibly long term of office and we've done many
> awesome things, most of which I couldn't have done without much support
> from many people, but especially Liam in helping out with some of the
> socials and the comprec people for helping out with Installfests.

I'd like to add to the thanks that people have said for the work that
you and others have done over the last few years.

Many thanks,

^Tom