[YLUG] get_iplayer [was Re: OT: Doctor Who DVD]

Tom Hayward nessieliberation at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 13:37:00 UTC 2011

On 5 October 2011 13:04, Steve Almond <steve at silkandslug.com> wrote:
> That sounds like a pretty sweet script. I'm in two minds as to whether my
> imminent desktop will run Win or Linux, but if I go penguin, I may be back
> for more info.  :-)

My main computer has been a windows computer for quite a while now, as
I use it for playing games and not for enough serious work to need it
to run Linux. But now that I don't have easy direct access to a spare
Linux box, I run an Ubuntu VM on it most of the time. It's proving
useful enough that I'll keep it when I'm reunited with spare machines.
Somewhat helped by the 6GB of RAM that I've got, but if you choose
Windows on your imminent desktop, and you have memory to spare, it's a
reasonable middleground.

HTH

Tom