[YLUG] Last nights meeting

Harry Mills harry at haeg.in
Wed Oct 19 15:45:23 UTC 2011

Hey all,

As Philip wasn't at the meeting last night I thought I would write up a bit
of what we talked about. There were only three of us there this week but we
had a good chat about some of the more horrendous bits of code we'd found
while working in industry and how different it was working in safety
critical systems.

We also talked about the stable marriage algorithm and had a talk about how
to find useful and interesting algorithms. This led to the idea that it
might be interesting to get people coming to the Installfest to give a short
talk or presentation on an algorithm that may hopefully be new to others
there.

The IRC channel was also mentioned and I said I would post instructions on
connecting. The easiest way is to go to http://webchat.freenode.net and put
in #ylug as the channel name. You can pick whichever nickname you want as
long as it isn't already in use. If you prefer to use a desktop client such
as x-chat or irssi you need to connect to irc.freenode.net on the default
port, 6667. The channel is the same as for the web client, #ylug.
--
Regards,
Harry Mills