[YLUG] Social, Tue 20th, Nags Head

Philip Morrell lists at emorrp1.name
Fri Sep 9 12:51:47 UTC 2011

Hi all, the next social will be:

Tuesday 20th September,
19:00-21:00

The Nags Head,
YO31 0AD

Sorry for the rapid late relocation last week. As Zoe says, it appears
they went bust last Thursday and ran off without making any sign.
Thankfully a few of you found us through "what would I do? - next
pub!" :). We're off to the north for the next one, since we'll be
staying in the Terrier all of October after a shout-out in Linux
Format and University freshers fair.

We chatted again about jobs, with most luggers' prospects looking much
healthier just a few weeks later. There was talk about the university
systems and setting up limited companies for one-man contracting. Some
luggers had attended the Geek Club's pair programming coding dojo,
which went well and even more are planning to turn up to the next one
(6th Oct). I can't remember any more and no useful links this time,
but as always, if anyone has extra information, that would be great.
--
Philip Morrell