[YLUG] YSG Inaugural meeting

Philip Morrell lists at emorrp1.name
Wed Feb 1 16:09:10 UTC 2012

Hi all, this is what happened at the social last night (with many,
many tangents):

York Software Group will fill the gap between professional/managerial
talks (BCS/IBM) and dev pub meets (YLUG/Geek Club). YSG will provide
hands-on guidance for professional software development in an
apprentice/journeyman/master style, by building upon the ideas of
agile programming and software craftsmanship. YSG will meet monthly,
with a quarterly cycle of paper/talk/dojo/(social?).

The first meeting is 7:45 for 8pm start, **Wed 29th Feb** at Fulford
Scout HQ. Beginning with two 10min talks (agile, software
craftsmanship) each with 5min Q&A before an 1hr paper development
exercise. We need a poster making for this event!

Liam, David, FuFu, Steve and I bought yorksoftwaregroup.org.uk to be
our web presence, initially hosting a wiki and a mailing list.
--
Philip Morrell

Actions:
* Steve to setup wiki, list, do SoftCrafts talk
* Dave to do agile talk
* Liam to make agile stick
* Phil to time-keep meeting
* X to make poster for advertising
* Y,Z to advertise to techie groups

List of techie York groups: GeekClub (1st Thu), HackSpace (Wed), YLUG
(Alt. Tue), HackSoc [CS staff, agileyorkshire, accu]
List of potential meeting places: Fulford Scout HQ, Fulford Cemetery
Lodge, Fulford School, York Uni
List of topic ideas: CPD, NHS proj (mega-proj failure), Mosquito
bomber (real-life agile), Time management (boxing, promodorar),
Version control (e.g. Git, Hg, branching model)