[YLUG] Sorry forgot the q! Hit all of my New Years resolutions so far / Unity

Martin Rowe dbg400.net at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:52:43 UTC 2012

On 23 January 2012 15:28, Tom Carver <thom.carver at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to say I'm a big fan - my non-computer-geek wife gets on fine with it
> too, but the choice of left-hand side of the screen for the unity bar drives
> her up the wall, as it's so easy to accidentally trigger when going for the
> browser back button. Other than that she uses Linux on a regular basis now
> without problem - now we just need HP to write some Linux printer drivers
> and we'll never need to go back to Windows!

Do you have an older HP printer? Pretty much all recent ones are
covered by HPLIP - http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html
It's in the hplip package in Ubuntu, and hplip-gui gives you a status
screen/control panel (for ink levels, default settings etc).

I've stuck with HP printers over the years as they've generally been
well supported in Linux; other than the old win-printers, that is.

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net  http://www.dbg400.net
AS/400 | iSeries | System i Open Source/Free Software