[YLUG] Agile Social Tue 31st, Derry

Steve Almond steve at silkAndSlug.com
Mon Jan 30 16:18:25 UTC 2012

> I think you'd do better merging YLUG with [York Geek Club].

YLUG, York Geek Club, and 'what going to AgileYorkshire makes me realise
I'm missing', are all different things.

Closing YLUG and sending its members to YGC is certainly an option, but
I think we're talking apples and oranges: I don't see that it's "better"
than starting a group teaching & practising Agile, Software
Craftsmanship, Coding Dojos, new technologies, new techniques (e.g.
paper-prototyping), case studies, visiting speakers, site visits...

Compare and contrast:

http://twitter.com/#!/YorkGeekClub/status/32003298881970177

http://www.agileyorkshire.org/event-announcements/10thjanuaryanextremehour

Alas, I've never been to a YGC meeting. If anyone's been to a YGC
meeting /and/ to an AgileYorkshire meeting, please add your
tu'pennyworth here!

I'm busy this Thursday, so I'll not make it to this month's YGC either.  :-(

> Have you contacted York Geek Club (@YorkGeekClub)?

Emailed their LinkedIn address this morning. Their LinkedIn page is
badly out of date (February 2011) and contains spelling mistakes, and
their Twitter stream reads like Jonny's personal postings, so first
impressions not good! If someone's got a better route to them, please
invite them along. If they'd like to continue the conversation somewhere
with better notice, they've got my/our email address...

It seems bizarre that a group supposedly of webdevs, for webdevs, has
almost zero web-presence...

--
Yours,

Steve Almond
Web Developer

steve at SilkAndSlug.com | Skype: silkandslug
Tel: 07947 017 652 | 01904 466 833

SilkAndSlug.com : "Always Improving"