[YLUG] can't free up enough space to upgrade Ubuntu

nigel white xm2 at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 5 21:46:36 UTC 2012

Thank you all for these ideas.

I had a look at /tmp and /var but I've no idea what is safe to delete
and what isn't.

For the symlink solution: I am out of my depth, but is this OK -
ln -s /var/cache/apt/ /home/apt/
or is there more to it than that?

And after that, do I just merrily update, using Ubuntu's updating wizard, with no alterations?

And after I've updated, do I remove the symlink?

Thanks
Nigel