[YLUG] York / WYLUG mailing lists

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun May 15 18:49:43 UTC 2022

On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 11:47 AM Roger Leigh via York <york at lists.lug.org.uk>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I hope the remaining list subscribers are all well, and still having fun
> with Linux.  Lots of great memories of both YLUG and WYLUG, but agree it's
> past time to shut down the lists, which haven't been used for many years (I
> didn't even realise I was still a subscriber!).
>
> Kind regards,
> Roger

Sure - it's been a long time.  I have been running arch linux now on all my
machines for quite some years, and will continue to do so as long as I am
of sound mind!  Linux has moved on a lot since those old days - the kernel
when I started was 2.X and now it is 5.17 and about to have 5.18 released
in the next week or so. Hardware support has moved on a lot in recent years
and the new AMD Ryzen cpus are running well with linux now, and indeed
graphics support is such that I have abandoned xorg completely in the last
year and now run a Wayland only desktop on all machine, with all
application under Wayland too, with none using xwayland. I also run a tiny
archlinuxarm rock64 headless little media server, which is the size of a
deck of cards, and yes it is right up to date also running the 5.17 kernel.
Security has grown hugely in recent years as well.  Anyway it has indeed
been a long time with no posts to this group - so I hope all list members
are still enjoying their linux systems and it is time to retire this group
as has been recommended.

Best wishes to all.

Mike
--