[Bradford] [Fwd: Perl / Linux Vacancy - LUG posting]

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:29:54 UTC 2008

Well it would be worth pointing out that unless you are a perl
developer, don't even bother applying.  I was put forward for this job
and live just round the corner.  I've been a developer for 10 years,
using whatever language is appropriate to the job, but because I also
do sysadmin stuff (yup I'm a hybrid), I was turned down by the client.
 It would appear they are only after perl gurus so just a warning to
not get your hopes up unless you've only ever done oo-based perl and
no other languages or sysadmining!

On a separate note, if anyone wants to offer a talented
developer/sysadmin a job, as of the end of the year I've been made
redundant.

--
Martyn Ranyard