[Bradford] Email client advice

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 12:47:11 UTC 2008

I use Evolution as my everyday mail client.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, but it's not been brilliant...

I used thunderbird for a long time and loved it - but I just used it as
an email client.

I decided to look at evolution because it seems to be what you'd use
instead of Outlook if you moved from Windows.

I never got spam filtering sorted out so that was not good - thunderbird
seemed to do it really well, and Outlook was just rubbish, but that
could be to do with me not setting it up right. I now filter my email
through google mail first!

The calendars in evolution have been the only reason my Ubuntu has ever
crashed! Recently there was an issue with it reading in data from google
calendars that just killed everything! Not good. I do read in stuff from
drupal calendars that works, and local calendaring and task/memos is
cool, but I don't really use it.

I feel like it's a key app though and the more people using it the more
it has a chance of become a viable alternative.

What I do like though, is that it seems to work for me now - It brings
in mail, it sends it out, it filters stuff into folders for me.

Hope that gives an idea of how it is for me.

cheers
David