[Bradford] Intro to the command line

David Carpenter david at substance.coop
Sat Mar 28 13:23:46 UTC 2009

Hi All

At the last meeting there was a request for a beginners guide to the
command line at some point.

Would anyone be interested in putting that together?

Perhaps one way to do it would be for everyone that is familiar with it
to bring their 3 top tips, and then we can share them. (I think is also
a way of keeping it interesting for the command line wizards -you're
bound to learn something!)

(Ctrl+Shift then X,C,V for cut copy and paste - the joy the day I was
told about that!)

Another thing to consider, might be to base it around things you have
found really useful rather than (or as well as) 'theoretical' uses.

Anyone know of a good (web) resource where people could get started?

BTW I've got an old copy of Linux for Dummies that I'll happily lend
out.

What do you think?

David Carpenter
substance.