[Bradford] UK Banks and Linux

Dick Thomas xpd259 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 14:29:28 UTC 2010

Hmmmm the smart card reader could be an issue as other then. Vm maches I
don't have a Windows machine

On 18 Apr 2010 15:00, "Colin Spiller" <colin at thespillers.org.uk> wrote:

Dick

I haven't had much difficulty with my web banking using UBUNTU 9.04 Jaunty
and Firefox or Chrome. Several banks say it's unsupported but seems to work
OK.

Not sure what it says about me, but I currently use A&L, Halifax, Smile,
Royal Bank of Scotland (same group as NatWest. Alice: my id no is my birth
date plus FOUR numbers!) and Abbey. Have used Unity Trust in the past, too.

I've no experience of smart card readers.

Colin