[Bradford] Job -ish

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 14:06:18 UTC 2010

Hi All

This is a (kind of) job on offer from where I work.

If interested I can tell you a bit more or contact Alice - details at
the bottom.

Data & Programming Assistant

Start Date:	Immediate Start
End Date:	31st March 2010 (with potential to extend)
 Hours:		20 hours per week to be worked flexibly
Total Fee:	£10 per hour

Brief
As the data and programming assistant you will work on Substance’s
PLINGS and other programmes
alongside our existing experienced technical team and Project Manager.

You will undertake data handling, manipulation and querying duties and
website maintenance, amongst other technical assistant responsibilities
to meet the ongoing technical needs of the projects.

Below we have outlined the essential and desirable skills, knowledge and
experience we are seeking from the individual who is awarded this
contract.

ESSENTIAL

Data handling skills - using spreadsheets
Data manipulation skills - using spreadsheets
Data management skills
Data querying skills - using spreadsheets and  MySQL skills
Working knowledge of HTML & PHP
Ability to use content management systems - such as Drupal and Wordpress
Understanding of web-based technologies and infrastructure

DESIRABLES

Working knowledge of ASP / .NET
Knowledge of web services / XML / SOAP
Knowledge of GIS systems and geodata - Google maps / MapInfo

To find out more and arrange to time to come in to discuss the role,
please contact Alice Bradshaw on 0161 2445441 or at alice at substance.coop

David Carpenter

nornir

E: david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Skype: carpenter.david

Please save paper and only print this email if you have to.