[Bradford] Leeds Charity Hack Camp

Alice Kaerast kaerast at computergentle.com
Sun May 30 22:01:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

At Barcamp this weekend we discussed running a charity hack camp in
Leeds one weekend.  There's quite a bit of interest in doing this,
and so I'm currently working towards getting a group of people together
to help with the organising and planning.

We have a possible venue, we can probably find lots of people to come
and code (provided we pick a good date) and we are starting to get some
interest from non-profits and may have our first sponsor.  So it really
just needs a group of people to come together to make sure it actually
happens.

A similar event will be taking place in Newcastle on July 15th/16th,
from which we expect to see some feedback on how to do things.  See
http://webdurance.ning.com/ for more information on this.

So, if you are interested in organising, sponsoring, developing, or
being a non-profit then please get in touch and/or join the email list
I just created at http://lists.qvox.org/www/info/leedscharityhack and
do forward this to anybody else who may be interested.

--
Alice Kaerast
@kaerast