[Bradford] URGENT Linux Server Help Needed - Farlsley, Leeds

Jonathan Pow | Ross Parry Agency jonathan_pow at rossparry.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 13:01:33 UTC 2010

Hello BLUG,

I have just spoken John Leach (WYLUG), and he said didn't thing the list
would mind if I posted this.

We've just had a major problem with our office server (SUSE Linux 8.2) and
need it fixed by someone who is in the know.

It will try and boot up, GRUB seems to display correctly but it just fails
before booting the GUI (KDE, I think). Unfortunately it fails at different
points during startup, which is starting to make me think it's a hardware
error.

Either way, I need to find someone to fix the problem as the system has our
Diary and Copy system on (via Lotus notes) and we are stuck without it. I
also don't want to take it somewhere, or get someone over, that doesn't have
Linux experience as the system is vital to us.

The server is a IBM xSeries 205 eServer.

If someone can help ASAP it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

database 5520 (20101011) __________

http://www.eset.com