[Bradford] URGENT Linux Server Help Needed - Farlsley, Leeds

John R Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Mon Oct 11 14:25:23 UTC 2010

Hi Jonathan

You may possibly get some help from here
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-help-here/install-boot-login/

but the SUSE distributions forked after 9 into the Enterprise distributions,
of which yours is a predecessor, and the openSUSE distributions. So few people
using openSUSE will be familiar with or have access to SUSE 8.

Most people who have SUSE, rather than openSUSE, distributions now have a
support subscription with Novell. So you may be better asking the question on
http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/suse-linux-enterprise-
server-sles/

If you have an original DVD of the distribution it may have some repair tools
on it. Worth checking.

Finally, don't do anything drastic because there are various Live CD tools
which can be used to recover data from disks. I'm sure someone could help you
with one of those.