[Bradford] The UK Government Open Standards Survey

John R Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Sun Apr 24 22:33:02 UTC 2011

I have commented that I think the survey confuses two issues: open standards
for developers and open standards for users (one way of making sure something
doesn't produce meaningful results).

I would argue that the second is more important because open standards for
users enable people to share information.

The first is important because it saves development and maintenance costs but
non-open development languages can use open standards for users; however,
without the second, you cannot achieve opernness for users.