[Bradford] The UK Government Open Standards Survey

Alan D Barnard alanbarnard at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Apr 25 14:43:46 UTC 2011

I am amazed, I thought that Microsoft did not open up its formats until
Office 2003 XML (I suppose that we may as well say R.I.P. to that one
while we are at it).

A direct download is available:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/0/1/501ED102-E53F-4CE0-AA6B-B0F93629DDC6/Word97-2007BinaryFileFormat(doc)Specification.pdf

I still think that anything before Word97 is doubtful.