[Bradford] West Yorkshire Python Group meeting - Tomorrow!

Peter Russell qwertyface at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:41:35 UTC 2011

== West Yorkshire Python User Group Meeting - Thurs. 10 Nov. ==

Sorry for the late announcement this month!

= About the meeting =

We'll be arriving at Old Broadcasting House from about 6:30 onwards
for vaguely Python related chat. At 7:30 there will be a talk, which
is expected to last for about an half an hour. After that we will head
to a pub for more geeky chat.

The meetings are always good fun, and everyone of any level of
experience or interest in Python is extremely welcome. Bring a friend!

= Talk: "Testing in Python" - Peter Russell =

This talk was postponed last month due to lack of time.

Automated testing is now an important discipline in software
development. In this talk Peter will be presenting some of his views
on how to test code written in Python, the virtues (or otherwise) of
test driven development as a methodology, and some of the tools
available for testing.

Experience Level:A basic level of Python knowledge would be helpful.Of
Interest to:This talk will not be a "how to test" tutorial, rather a
personal perspective on testing. As such it should be of interest to
people who are experienced in unit, functional and integration testing
as well as people who are new to automated testing.

= Date and Time =

Thursday 10 November, from 6:30pm. Talk at 7:30. Pub afterwards.

= Location =

Old Broadcasting House
148 Woodhouse Lane
Leeds
LS2 9EN

We will be holding the talks in the boardroom at the back of the
ground floor of the building. If you arrive after 7:30 we may not hear
the doorbell, so please phone Peter on 07763 570 860.

= About the Group =

The West Yorkshire Python User Group (WYPy) have been meeting monthly
since 2007. Our meetings are free, and usually include at least one
talk, as well as a trip to the pub.

Our website is at http://wypy.org.uk . We discuss our meetings on the
Python Yorkshire and Humberside Google Group
http://groups.google.com/group/python-yorks-humber/ and you can also
follow us on Twitter at @WYPython.