[Bradford] Git Version Control

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 13:20:03 UTC 2012

I'm a git user, but not sure I'd even consider myself good at the
basics.

Is 'version control' perhaps a topic that a few people could provide
input to, and then others could do 5 mins on their version controler(?)
of choice? I've had some experience of SVN, bazaar and git.

Also it seems to me that it's the software to help you manage your
version control needs that is also quite important.

I would be quite happy to show people how I use git locally, on a server
and in combination with github to manage a small software project.