[Bradford] Forthcoming BCB Hangout on Monday 10 December @ 20:00 hrs.

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Fri Dec 7 11:53:37 UTC 2012

May I be so bold as to suggest that we have a de-briefing/planning Google Hangout on Monday 10 December @ 20:00 hrs.

I think it will be agreed that, had we not had the last Hangout,  a recording that was just about acceptable would have been much nearer a disaster. From my own viewpoint I think Tom did brilliantly, improving and sounding more natural as the show went on.
I think that one thing each of us needs to do is write the questions that  we want to be put to us. That way there is confidence that the person answering the question already has a good answer. We all need to have a copy of the running order and at least to have
notes, to prompt us, if not a script. The problem with a script is that, unless one is practiced in the art, it may sound like what it is - reading from a script. So it is important to practice reading aloud and trying to sound natural.

I have yet to start the editing of the RPi interviews but I do think, that with the bits I need to add, it is unlikely to be less than 15 minutes.  Whilst I know that the RPi is not everyone's cup of tech it will be interesting to see if we get any feedback on it (if feedback is ever received?). It would be possible to have a 5 minute regular spot on it as there is always RPi news/new projects to talk about.

We saw, as I predicted, that there was not enough time to fit in all the material we could have used so some sections were omitted.

From a technical viewpoint the hangout worked very well except for a couple of us whose outgoing audio did not work. From my part I will use Chrome, next time, instead of Firefox, and no doubt Andrea's Mac will get sorted. I have some people, Tom included now, in a circle, so I can add them to the Hangout. Others can add people in as well. If you weren't on the last Hangout, but intend to be on this one, please let me have your gmail address so we can be sure that you can readily participate. If, like me, your outgoing audio is not working we can arrange to use the telephone and make an acoustic link, as I did, with Wayne's help, on the last Hangout.