[Bradford] Forthcoming BCB Hangout on Monday 10 December @ 20:00 hrs.

Tomas Holderness tomasholderness at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 18:30:44 UTC 2012

Brain et al,

Thanks for your kind comments, I'm impressed we all managed to put
something of reasonable quality together in such a short time! I'm popping
to BCB tomorrow morning to tweak a few bits, but other than that I think
we're ready to go! I'll report back on anything useful/interesting from
Mary tomorrow.

However, I'm afraid that due to family commitments it looks like I'm going
to miss the hangout this evening, apologies for this, especially as I
missed the previous one, but it can't be helped.

To aid the discussion tonight I made a few general points whilst I was
listening to the recording. I've included these below as they may be useful.

Cheers,

Tom

Notes from first recording on future recordings for group discussion
- need to be a bit more relaxed/chatty (especially me!)
- depth of topic covered needs to be carefully considered, processor/kernel
level is definitely too much for our target audience
- need to confirm details of products for discussion (particularly price if
we're going to quote)
- technical jargon (we all fall into this trap) needs to be watched...there
were some points on the first recording where a non-geek would be hard
pushed to distinguish the names of software from hardware we were
discussing.
- I think that the "monthly tech discovery" was a really nice feature with
a good format that is potentially accessible to the target audience.
- For the future, would be interesting if we could do the show using FOSS
software (as a test for BCB as well?) e.g.
http://www.sourcefabric.org/en/airtime/ although not sure how far we would
get given integration issues with existing servers etc.