[Bradford] Fedora users ?

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Wed Dec 12 13:44:51 UTC 2012

I do recognise that, possibly, most people who work in Linux, professionally, will work with RHEL and so that will obviously be their preference. After all, they know many of the on-going bugs and  flaws and how to fix them. However, can they say that they can install all the popular software that Ubuntu has in their Software Centre just with a couple of clicks? Before GNOME 3 has Fedora done a fraction as much as Canonical to make a user-friendly Desktop? I do spend a lot of time getting software to work on Ubuntu that isn't really mainstream but mainstream software is easy to install and maintain. I've tried installing software on Fedora/CentOS, that is just a matter of clicks on Ubuntu, but on Fedora/CentOS it is a major and painful job. RHEL might be considered the OS that separates the men from the boys, because   it is so hard to manage, but I'd go for Debian any day. Up until recently I've had at least one Fedora or CentOS installation but I was
 glad to get rid and use Debian instead.
Brian