[Bradford] paid Download solution

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Wed Dec 12 16:58:51 UTC 2012

I'll just leave this link here:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_accept_Bitcoin,_for_small_businesses

But I'd also second Bandcamp; it's nice and simple, and you can let
people pay what they can afford if you wish.  You can always migrate
to something more sophisticated later if you find that it doesn't do
enough for you, but start lean.  Definitely don't start doing any
actual development work until you've at least sold a few downloads.

Regards
Alice

On 12 December 2012 15:18, David Carpenter <david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> Yes it is music. It may actually be a zip file with 2 or 3 songs in it.
>
> Bandcamp could be one possible solution, there are other similar
> options like that as well.
>
> I'm wondering if a 3rd party solution is the way to go, or to code up
> something with a paypal button. What I'm unsure about in that scenario
> is restricting access to the download url only to people that have
> paid.
>
> Also found this:
> http://uploadnsell.com/
>
> but also found that is has an exploit that lets people easily grab the
> download url (now that's probably not such a problem, but if it has
> that exploit, then what else does it have wrong with it!)
>
> Cheers
> David
>

> On 12 December 2012 14:04, shi <notshi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ello,
>>
>> http://bandcamp.com/ may or may not be something you might find useful?
>>

>> --
>> shi
>>

>> On 12 December 2012 13:50, Brian <bradlug at techchico.org.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> You don't say what the mp3 is. I'm sure that the nature of the mp3 will
>>> govern the choice of site - is it music?
>>> Brian

Mx Alice Kaerast
Devops supergirl, agile coach, corporate sysadmin, optimisationeer