[Bradford] IT Stuff podcast

Dick Thomas Dick at xpd259.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 13:45:53 UTC 2012

thre is also libsyn for podcasting and thier prices are quite good

Dick

On 17 December 2012 13:47, Brian <bradlug at techchico.org.uk> wrote:
> It is true that I am not at all impressed by the BCB RSS feeds regime.
> People use RSS feeds to power their podcast clients. An RSS feed that has
> all programmes, of the station output, in one RSS feed, is totally useless
> for that purpose. Also, I have noticed that they only host 3 months of feeds
> at any one time. That is not good either. Often people find a podcast, that
> they like, and want to listen to previous editions. Also, if a listener asks
> about a subject, that as covered in a previous podcast, the listener can be
> referred back to, say, Podcast No. 5. Further, if the show notes feature a
> subject, which appeals to a listener, then that can be an inroad to getting
> more listeners. A programme/podcast such as 'IT Stuff' is, by its nature,
> entirely different to a music production and so needs to be hosted for a
> longer period.
> Free podcast hosting is available with various caveats. For example, if you
> are prepared to carry a 15 second ad., it is possible, as I understand it,
> to get unlimited storage/download from mypodcast.com.
>
> Brian
>

> ________________________________

About.me http://about.me/dick.thomas
Blog: www.xpd259.co.uk
G+:   www.google.com/profiles/xpd259

NOTE: This email and any information contained within or attached in a
separate file is confidential and intended solely for the Individual
to whom it is addressed. The information or data included is solely
for the purpose indicated or previously agreed. Any information or
data included with this e-mail remains the property of Richard Thomas
and the recipient will refrain from utilising the information for any
purpose other than that indicated and upon request will destroy the
information and remove it from their records.

If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
No warranties or assurances are made in relation to the safety and
content of this e-mail and any attachments. No liability is accepted
for any consequences arising from it.

If you have received this email in error please notify me as soon as possible.